contacts   |

 

-

Equal opporunities policy

in

No employee may be discriminated against for reasons of age, gender, sexuality, race, state of health, nationality, political opinion, religious creed, etc.. Any breach of this right is considered to be a breach of the Group’s Code of Ethics.
A2A does not discriminate for any reason and is also sensitive to equal opportunities issues as regards both the selection and management of personnel and the organisation of work.
There were 1,433 women working in the Group in 2011, representing 15.7% of the total number of workers; these were mainly white-collar workers (70%) with permanent employment contracts (95.8%).
In determining the type of contract and wages A2A complies scrupulously with Italian legislation which specifies that no distinction may be made on the basis of gender. The ratio between the basic wage for women and men of the same category is therefore 1, while in the ratio between the average wages of the various contractual categories there are slight differences as the following table shows

Average wage ratio women/men*
Category 2010 2011
Managers 91,70% 91,60%
Middle managers 98,10% 97,20%
White-collar workers 84,90% 91,30%
Blue-collar workers 86,40% 88,30%
* The figures only refer to Italian workers

FEMALE POPULATION AS A PERCENTAGE OF THE TOTAL

FEMALE POPULATION AS A PERCENTAGE OF THE TOTAL

As part of family-work reconciliation the Group has granted 368 part-time jobs (4% of the total), of which 72 have gone to women. In addition to maternity requirements, applications based on family needs to assist disabled people and people with serious illnesses are considered of a priority nature.
Parental leave was granted in 297 cases, of which 57% to women. Ninety two per cent of the people granted leave returned to work in 2011.
Over 53% of employees have a seniority ranging between 11 and 30 years and over 36% have a seniority of less than 10 years.
As far as age is concerned, the 41 to 50 year band contains the highest number of workers (40%), in line with 2010, while the remaining 60% are equally distributed between those who are under 40 and those who are over 50.
A2A guarantees working rights to disabled persons as required by current legislation: there were 452 disabled people working in the Group in 2011, of whom 24% were women

PERSONNEL BY BUSINESS SENIORITY

PERSONNEL BY BUSINESS SENIORITY

 

PERSONNEL BY AGE BAND

PERSONNEL BY AGE BAND